We are glad you are here and looking to help your neighbors. Our program has 3 main goals:
1. To provide a regular supply of food to our hungry neighbors;
2. To create new neighborhood connections and strengthen our community and
3. To serve as a model for other communities.
Our method is simple.
1. Sign up for a FREE cool green bag. We will deliver a bag to your home. On each bag is a list of items local food banks need the most, and a list of dates.
2. Do your family grocery shopping – every time you shop simply buy 1 or 2 extra items to donate
Don’t know what to buy? No problem. We have a list of most needed items from the food pantry, or just buy a duplicate of what your family likes. Click the button above to see the items our partners need the most. Many donors find Buy One Get One Free deals, so they can buy one for their family and donate the other. With this model, giving to their neighbors is completely free!
3. On the designated Saturday of every other month – 6 times a year – one of our super fabulous volunteer drivers comes to your house, picks up your bag for you and leaves an empty green bag in its place. Your full bag of food is then delivered directly a partner pantry in Greensboro or High Point.
You have just helped a neighbor! It is that simple!
A Simple Gesture – Greensboro is modeled after similar programs nationwide.
The program’s founder, Jonathan Trivers, began this effort in California and it has grown nationwide. A Simple Gesture- Greensboro now helps cities throughout the country set up their own programs. If you are interested in starting A Simple Gesture in your town, please contact us to learn more!